Thank you to everyone who attended the community workshop on Tuesday May 7th 2019 about the Ipswich Community Development Plan. If you missed the event, don’t worry, you can still tell us your thoughts at bridgingipswich.com! You can also read a summary of the results from the public forum here. The meeting was also recorded here on ICAM.
At last week's forum, community members heard about the overall process for the community development plan update from the project consultants, JM Goldson community preservation + planning.Throughout the presentation, participants were encourage to poll in and respond to various questions, including Ipswich's community-defining characteristics and how Ipswich has changed over the last twenty years.
After the presentation, participants broke into small groups to imagine Ipswich in 2030 and discuss their biggest concerns for the future of Ipswich at the personal, local, and regional levels. Some things we heard included concerns about:
- Climate Change, specifically sea level rise and recent droughts
- Water Shortages, Water Quality, and Water Supply
- Preserving the Town's rural and historic character amid recent development trends
- Preserving the Town's open space
- Maintaining Winchester's quality public schools and other town services
- Traffic and improving regional transit access
- Increasing economic diversity and protecting small/local businesses in the Town's vibrant downtown
- Housing affordability, specifically increasing multigenerational housing options
We also heard about a desire for more cultural diversity, increasing youth involvement, and increased transparency and unity around Town politics and community activities.
Our consultant team will also be tabling at the Pop-Up Farmer's Market and Riverwalk Extension Celebration on Friday, June 21st from 4-7 PM. Come and say hello!